Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder (Ghost Hunter Mystery #10)


A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder by Victoria Laurie
My Rating: ★★★

M.J. and Heath are back from a well-needed vacation only to discover that Gilley lost his mind and loaned one very dangerous dagger to the museum for their ghostly exhibit. His mistake causes M.J. and company to battle some of the scariest spooks that they've ever faced in this series closer. Will they find who stole the dagger before he or she has time to cause a significant supernatural disaster?

I must say that I'm a bit sad to see this series end. However, all good things must come to an end, and M.J. and company go out with a bang. The opening of this installment seemed more like a summary of the series than an opening to the final book. It just made me a little sad to see the series end, but I was ready to jump into the story and see some of our favorite characters enter a new phase of each of their lives as the story closed. The good news is that the story quickly picks up, and we start to see some of our favorite characters return to the story. I don't know about anyone else, but I was a little excited to see some old spooks and some characters from early in the series. It was kind of like a small portion of the ghost family was getting back together for their last hurrah.

I love how M.J. and Gilley truly seem like siblings all the way to the end. I can relate to the two of them feeling like they're both leaving the nest at the same time after being so close in proximity for most of their lives. It was also interesting to see a non-believer discover that these spooks are real. All in all, I really enjoyed the story and the nice non-supernatural twist that was thrown into the mix. Laurie did a great job highlighting the different books in the series while also giving us a glimpse of where these character's stories will go after the final pages. The series may have ended, but I feel good about where everyone was at once I made it to the last page.

No comments:

Post a Comment